Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Here we go

Where to begin.  With 2011 coming to a close, I want to take a moment to reflect on the positives.  The kids and I got our daddy home and got to spend LOTS of time with him.  We moved into a 5 bedroom house so now EVERYONE has their space.  The hubby was allowed to stay in the military.  And one of my dreams came true - I got the chance to become a homeschooling mama.  We have had a a really good year all in all.

And now to look forward.  There are MANY things I would love to see happen in my life and in the life of my family.  To make that happen, I plan to hold myself accountable here, to all that want to be involved. 

So here is my list of things to accomplish this year:

1.  Start going to church - EVERY Sunday and Wednesday. 
2.  Get the kids active in Awanas.
3.  Get organized and declutter.
4.  Start a devotional - daily for the family, weekly for myself.
5.  Establish a better relationship with God.
6.  Enhance my relationship with my hubby.
7.  Become a better momma to my children.
8.  Become a better housekeeper.
9.  Become a better friend.
10. Transform myself into a better role model for my children and for the outsiders looking in.

Whew, that made me exhausted just writing but I KNOW that I can do it.  And I know that I NEED to do it.  I want my children to know not only how to take care of a house but also WHY we need to take care of the house.  I want them to want to help me not because they feel obligated but because to help would bring joy to their hearts.  I want my sons to know how to properly treat a woman.  I want my daughters to know how a man is supposed to treat her.  And I want all of them to know that they never have to settle for second best.  The only people who are going to teach them that are their father and me.  It's about high time we get to teaching!

I ask only 2 things from those of you who want to walk with me through this year.  1.  Support and encourage and 2.  Pray for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment