Monday, January 2, 2012

Put your Trust in Him

A couple of weeks ago, I joined a weekly devotional group - Organized Hearts, Organized Homes.  We will be working from a 52-week Devotional for the Disorganized from Dandelion Seeds called "Create in me a Clean Heart".  We strive to bring ourselves closer to our Lord by cleaning out our hearts and our homes.  We are there to support and encourage each other as we learn to walk better for Him.  Each week there is a short devotional and a challenge. 

While this is the first week for the devotional, last week was our first challenge.  Our challenge was to create a list of items for either heart or home that we want to complete during this time.  If you would like to see my list, please read my very first writing.

Our devotional this week is “Trustin’ Him”.  Proverbs 3:5 states “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.”  In the reading, the main question is “have you ever trusted someone and been let down” – and the answer to that question for me is a resounding “YES”.  I have had 4 close friends over the last 7 years hurt me so badly that I have difficulties in trusting others.  I keep people at an arm’s length because I do not want to let anyone get that close to me – the further away I keep them, the less likely I will lose my trust.  I do not like feeling this way by any means and I know that I need to trust my Lord to bring God-fearing people into my life.  The best news is that he is doing so.  He is also showing me how to forgive and let go of the past.

I need to remember at every step I take, I need to ensure my TRUST is with him and he will keep my path straight.  And I need to remember to continually make Him my best friend over everyone else.  Having him as a best friend means that I will never be alone again. 

Thank you Jesus for being there for me when others have let me down or walked away.  Thank you for being the best friend I could ever ask for.  Thank you for loving me for who I am.

I AM A CHILD OF THE ALMIGHTY!!!!!!

If you would like to join a group of amazing women on this walk, please join us at Organized Hearts, Organized Homes.  We would love to have you.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Yes, Yes....thank you so much for sharing as a recent disappointment from a few people we trusted and confided in has left me not sure of who to trust anymore and I hate feeling this way. I am thankful, though, that I can trust in my God, my Lord & Savior, Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People will hurt you - even the best of friends. But He is trustworthy and always faithful. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete